Friday, January 27, 2012

font love friday


i've stumbled upon some typography that just made me gasp! this is my favorite font of the week. 

one thing you may or may not know about me is that i love typography. and by love i mean that it gives me a little personal high; like a giant cup of ridiculously good coffee that you sip slowly while chatting with your best friend that you haven't seen in a while, or that bread pudding that tastes like it was made with croissants, or when you were little being so excited the night before going to Disneyland that you couldn't sleep... you know what i mean? no? oh...

that is how much I love typography. 

and i figured since i love typography so much, and am an amateur graphic designer, i should start making beautiful prints with some of my favorite fonts to share with you. one of my best friend's gave me this great idea when she asked me to make namesake posters for each of her children. i thought, what a great idea! to personalize it based on the color of their room, or what toy they have obsessed about since they could grab something, or just the font that screams their name when i see it. 

when searching for new fonts i stumbled across this one and it immediately made me think of my own daughter... so i jumped on my first namesake design. 

not the best picture (or print, our home printer is broken and i would love to outsource this on a heavy weight paper)... but you get the idea. 

here is the jpeg of the design. 


what do you think? i love it. and i hope someday she will too! 

my daughter's namesake. it's a great one. with a great story behind it. i've told some, but not all. maybe one day i'll share it here. i look forward to seeing if it's true for her. 

love,
tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

registered users are welcome to leave a comment.