Tuesday, December 20, 2011

presently

Christmas decorations look super classy on security screens. i know. 


i saw these questions on another blog and thought it would be nice if i actually made a blog post and put them in it. 

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Both. But if you add peppermint to the hot chocolate I’ll become paralyzed in the decision making process. I’ll probably ask for a million recommendations, then choose the opposite of what everyone suggests. Ugh. I CANNOT make decisions.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I wrap presents, and love spending the time making all the tiny folds and ensuring my tape is hidden. Then adorning them with pretty embellishments.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I never have but always want to.

5. When do you put your decorations up? A week or so after Thanksgiving. I like to linger a little on each holiday.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Mashed potatoes.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? As a tiny girl I remember standing on my dad’s feet dancing in front of the tree with wrapping paper surrounding us. As an adolescent, jumping on my dad and stepmom’s bed to wake them up.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? The year my parents were separated, I begged my mom to let me open a gift early and she kept telling me there was only one that year and if I opened it early I wouldn’t have any to open on Christmas morning. I didn’t believe her because I thought Santa would come with more. to prove her point she let me open it….

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Colorful glass balls, ornaments that my stepmom has given me every year, and the kids handmade ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Lalalalove it!

12. Can you ice skate? I don’t think I’ve ice skated since I was in elementary school… but I probably could if I tried.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child I remember getting a Cabbage Patch Doll pack’n’play and baby swing. As an adult, my sewing machine.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Making sure we teach our kids the true meaning of Christmas, and starting our own traditions.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin pie, Cinnamon Vanilla Gelato, and Candy Cane Joe Joe’s. I love sugar.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Tamales.

17. What tops your tree? A silver star.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I LOVE to spend time picking out the perfect gift for each person. But I also LOVE getting awesome gifts that people were thoughtful about.

19. Candy canes: Yuck or Yummy? I would take a bight out of one and not hate it. But I probably wouldn’t eat a whole one. I do LOVE them in Candy Cane Joe Joe’s!!!

20. Favorite Christmas show? Charlie Brown Christmas

21. Saddest Christmas song? Mary Did You Know. Kills me every time.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know.

sorry i've been super lame. i still have a grip of stuff to post about because i've been burning the crap out of my fingertips with all my crafting, but i'm still not really in the mood to post a blog about it. 

maybe someday. 

i hope you are all enjoying your holiday season and being intentional about the time you spend with your loved one. my husband is on vacation and we are enjoying the unlimited time we get with him each day. the kids love their daddy and i adore my soul mate. this time is precious and we will not let it go to waste. 

it is also our first time not spending the holidays with our giant family. its a little bittersweet because we love them so much and miss them deeply, but we are so excited to make this holiday our own for our little family. 

love you all!
tara

3 comments:

  1. 1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? I recently discovered Silk brand "egg nog"...fake, but waaay better! Now I enjoy egg nog. But I would choose hot chocolate over egg nog on most days.

    2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Most are wrapped! And, like you, I'm meticulous.

    3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white on tree & colored on house (for the kids.)

    4. Do you hang mistletoe? We did for the first time this year. And the day after I hung it up, Ian called me over and said, "Come look at this thing I brought home by the front door!" So I walked over there and he grabbed me, dipped me, & kissed me under our mistletoe...a first for us and a memory I'll cherish.

    5. When do you put your decorations up? A week or so after Thanksgiving...like you.

    6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Kim's candied yams...I could probably eat the whole pan!

    7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? We used to go play in the snow every year on New Years Day...so fun!

    8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't think I was ever told the lie. (And I'm sorry you had to learn the truth the way you did...what a sad Christmas morning!) :(

    9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always opened one gift...pajamas! Now I do the same for my kids.

    10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights, lots of ornaments (handmade and store bought) red bows, colorful glass balls, and a hand painted blue star on the top that Ethan made last year and insisted we needed instead of the sock monkey with angel wings that had been adorning our tree top for the few years preceding the blue star.

    11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love to visit, I'd hate to live with it...I'm more of a beach and flip flops girl. :)

    12. Can you ice skate? Like you, it's been awhile. But I'm sure I'd pick it right up again. The hard part was stopping without knocking people over!

    13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Nope. I appreciate them all!

    14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? "Holidays" as in Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years? The most important thing for me about all the holidays is not getting caught up in the "doing" but rather "being." Be in the moment, cherish my loved ones, praise Jesus that I have them and Him!

    15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Don't have one. (Surprisingly! Cuz I love sweets!)

    16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Can't pick a fav.

    17. What tops your tree? Ethan's home made blue star!

    18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving!

    19. Candy canes: Yuck or Yummy? Hmmm...Yumcky?! Sometimes I'll eat one, most years I don't!

    20. Favorite Christmas show? Buddy the Elf! I put it on every Christmas Eve as I wrap presents and let it play over and over and over and....I love it!

    21. Saddest Christmas song? Mary Did You Know...hafta agree with you, Tara.

    22. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night & O Come O Come Emmanuel (I have 2!)

    Love, Bekah (not so anonymous!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Eggnog until I discovered my extreme egg allergy. Now I'm a peppermint hot chocolate guy.

    2. If I had my way, which I don't, I would toss the presents under the tree unwrapped. It would bring a validity to the Santa lie cause there is no way one dude would have the time to neatly stack gifts under a few billion trees. He would be tossing them just to keep the time line.

    6. Kim's Gluten free yams ...yummo!

    7. Fav memory. The year I knocked the Christmas tree over trying to peek at presents. My bottom glowed like Rudolph's nose after my mom came home.

    8. Discovering the Santa lie! 2nd grade I found the gifts in my Dad's trunk. Being the advocate for children 's rights that I was, I went to school the next day and informed my entire class of the lies that we were being feed. Several angry parents and the schools principal called my house that night. Needless to say my butt shown so bright that Santa could fly his sleigh! As a side note, if any of my class mates are reading this just put ny name next to #8

    That's enough for me. I need to call my therapist because of all the childhood issues. Jk. Merry Christmas all.

    13. Fav gift.

    ReplyDelete

registered users are welcome to leave a comment.