Thursday, October 13, 2011

what we wore...thursday

i'm doing what we wore Thursday instead of Wednesday because my outfit today is wayyyyy cuter. promise. i didn't like what i was wearing yesterday so much that i changed 3 or 4 times i think. tomorrow is laundry day... so that explains my lack of good options. 


a while back i got paid for several invitation suites i designed and am saving most of that money for a drive down to San Diego later this month. i have the honor of being a bridesmaid in one of my sweetest friend's weddings, and i can't wait to be a part of her big day! i did, however, use a pinch of that money to snag a couple things from Target when they were having a sweet 75% off clearance rack. i may or may not have been hiding said items in a bag, in a secret spot, slowly bringing them out at the most opportune time, depending whether or not you are my husband reading this. wink. 

(honey, i love you. please forgive me for being dishonest.)

i would never condone hiding purchases from your spouse or keeping secrets of any kind. i feel really guilty. 

but i look really cute. 


i haven't washed my hair in like 6 days so i am forced to wear it in a headband and pony. to give it a little volume i worked in a little bump in the back. not too bad for nasty hair, eh?


this little fellow is loving superman today. can you tell? 


and sissy girl did NOT want to participate. shocker. but she did it, with a non-smile on her face. 

this week has actually been so much better than last week. last week (if you are my friend on Facebook you would know this) i almost lost it. this sweet baby girl dug her heels in and decided she did not want to go to sleep, 4 nights in a row. two of those nights my husband worked late and i was all alone with her crazy. and my crazy. it was not a good mix. but we overcame. and i have realized a few things: No.1} i need to be in the Word more. my heart is not in a right place and i need to get it back there above all else. i CANNOT be a good mommy unless i take care of myself spiritually, first. 
No.2} i need to remember her age. instead of saying, "she's  is THREE years old!!!!" i need to be saying, "she's only three.". i think my expectations for her are too high.
No.3} her disobedience has nothing to do with me.

this week i feel more patient and full of grace. don't get me wrong, she's not getting away with anything new. but i am slower to anger and more compassionate. my mind and my heart feel stronger. there are still battles, and i suspect there always will be. but i am resting on this right now: "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock." Isaiah 26:3-4


she let me fix her hair up real pretty. i call it heidi hair. 




and yesterday we had a wonderful day trying on big tall sparkly stripper shoes together at TJMaxx before settling on something more sensible.

i love my babies. 

snuggles,
t.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a break through. Jewell overall is easier than she was last year...until after 5 pm. Then all bets are off. I never know what girl will emerge. I soooo feel for you in this struggle to help them grow up into wonderful woman/friend/mother without breaking the spirit of who God created them to be. I often wonder how come God choose me for these two children? How can I be the best Mom to them? I am not the woman I was when I got pregnant that first time. I am changing and growing as they do. It gets better...hope that's encouraging.

    ReplyDelete

registered users are welcome to leave a comment.